Is there a way of balancing loudness of different mp4 files?  While it's 
impossible to do this perfectly (there is no general agreement on how to 
measure it) it is possible to give a good approximation.

My music video collection that I downloaded from youtube has videos of 
significantly different loudness, so when I watch a selection of videos that 
suit my mood with mplayer I have to change the system volume every few videos 
because I get to one that's either too loud or too quiet for the current 
settings.

I'd like to run a script across my video collection to get the average 
loudness of each video so the mplayer softvol setting can be adjusted to 
compensate.  Then of course I'd do some manual adjustment like increasing the 
volume of The Divinyls and The Angels.

-- 
My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog    http://doc.coker.com.au/

_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.luv.asn.au/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/luv-main

Reply via email to