On Sun, Feb 5, 2023, at 19:06, Andrew Greig via luv-main wrote:
> The Wacom tablet is recognised by my Ubuntu system, but is not picked up
> by GIMP.

My experience is similar to Stephen George's:  I've happily used
my Wacom tablet with the GIMP under Debian — right out of the
box, no configuration or tweaking needed.  I use Xmonad as my
window manager, which is a bit unusual I guess, but that
shouldn't matter all that much.

Ubuntu is not Debian, but they should mostly be pretty close.

> Would this be because I have a version of GIMP installed by Flatpak or
> other installer which is not set up for it?

Hmmm.... Have you tried the GIMP from the Ubuntu package?  I can
see the attraction of things like Flatpak, but I've generally
had better experience with native (Debian) packages.

— Smiles, Les.