Hi there,

Things are much better now but many graphics installer booted right away, 
looked good and got the job done - often better than the distro they installed. 
Well I had too much time on my hands and wanted to try LFS (Linux From Scratch) 
again. Result:

- Runs in UNDER 400MB
- CLI and GUI tools
- Boots in 10 seconds
- Useful as a live / recovery system, headless server and desktop.
- Untested base VM / Container OS.

Things got out of hand quickly because when things aren't working and you need 
a toolkit to boot to something to fix a server invariably you will need a 
browser to download drivers and manuals and a PDF reader to view them, and, and 
,and. Building in Chrome or FF for a live distro was going to be a big build.

No bother I just wrapped wrapped the relevant library in GTK and added some 
controls and called it an app. Yes I used AI. (My first browser project was MDI 
based of VB6 with ie.dll running it in the 90's; never thought tabbed browsers 
would take off so didn't bother with it).

I need help because I can't test this on hardware I have. If you have millions 
of dollars then send me most of it so I can buy some. Or perhaps download the 
1.5GiB and spin it up in 10 seconds and see if you can connect to your 
hardware, your extra monitor, anything that works or breaks will be great to 
hear about. There is a "Bug Submit" under Utilities.

WebGen Linux:
https://www.webgen.com.au/linux/

379 Packkages:
https://www.webgen.com.au/linux/packages.html

My Apps Shipped
https://www.webgen.com.au/linux/apps.html

Ubuntu / Debian Builds (How I test them before shipping them to WebGen's repo):
https://www.webgen.com.au/linux/deb.html

I am going to add more and more features as I get time because I learn a great 
deal and enjoy it. Currently I am running it on an Acer 4GiB laptop, a router I 
use a set top box and a VM in Binary Lane's cloud. 

AI and software development isn't everyone's cup of tea. I get it. What I am 
not doing is re-writing TCP via AI. I am using AI to put wrappers on proven 
libraries and enable CLI system admins and GUI users to work on their distro as 
they see fit.

TL/DR ~ Give it a spin. 10 sec boot from USB / SDD. Submit a bug and I will 
install your favourite app for you.

Thanks for reading.

P

Updates shipped daily. Still Linux under the hood so you can work with it as 
you normally would.





_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to