Hi Russell,

Thanks for the answer.

> Can you migrate them one at a time?

No, unfortunately not.

> How are you doing backups now?

There is a MySQL 5.5 replica set up.

(And regular snapshots on filesystem underneath, to go 'back in time' if needed)

Cheers
Peter



On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 6:29 PM Russell Coker <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> On Monday, 28 September 2026 17:07:36 AEST Peter Ross via luv-main wrote:
> > I am in a project where some bigger MySQL databases (250 GB+) need to
> > be migrated from MySQL 5.5 to MariaDB  10.11.
>
> Can you migrate them one at a time?
>
> > I could snapshot the data directory but I don't think the data can be
> > used by MariaDB as it is?
>
> How are you doing backups now?
>
> --
> My Main Blog         http://etbe.coker.com.au/
> My Documents Blog    http://doc.coker.com.au/
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to