JM wrote:
I had planned on using tcp_poll() to do the periodic buffer checking, but it's a little slow (500ms). Is it Ok if I instead do this in the ethernet/periodic interrupt before lwIP runs?

If you mean the "big loop" before checking the ethernet driver and feeding packets to the ip_input or calling timers, yes, that's OK. You only have to make sure that no other task or interrupt context can get active in lwIP at the same time. With the simple "big loop" examples (e.g. in the win32 port), it's OK like that.

Simon