I'm trying to understand all these options in opt.h/lwipopt.h so I can assign
them intelligently instead of guessing and wondering why communication fails.
So, this is what I think is correct; please correct me if I'm wrong:

In the case of all PBUFs being the same size as defined by PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE:

-There is no point in making MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG  > PBUF_POOL_SIZE since each
segment must use one PBUF at minimum, and actually can cause dropped packets
since there will be no space for incoming packets despite MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG not
hitting its limit.

-(TCP_SND_BUF / PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE) is the effective limit on the number of
outgoing segments in the queue, so TCP_SND_QUEUELEN might as well be set equal
to this limit, at least in the case of very small outgoing packets that fit
into one PBUF.