  From: Chris Strahm
  Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 12:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP newbie

  >> Oh sorry, by the way I am using UC3A0512 device with freeRTOS and LWIP
1.3.2
  >> Any pointers would help!

  If you're not too far into your project, I would suggest taking a look at an
NXP LPC23xx/24xx MCU.  If you are interested in Enet performance, those ARM7
parts have more speed and RAM than what you are using, and RAM for buffer space
for Enet is very important.  The UC3A0512 only has 64k RAM.  You can easily
burn up half that RAM just on buffers and such for Enet.  I wouldn't do any
serious Enet work without at least 96K for RAM, and having more is certainly a
help.

  FreeRTOS is fine, and I would also suggest you use lwIP in RAW mode.

  Chris.