Hi again

I had a read through the pitfalls page, but still am a bit confused.

So what I have done is the following, in my own robot.c file, I have done the
following:

static struct udp_pcb *robot_pcb = NULL;

static void
robot_receive( void *arg, struct udp_pcb *pcb, struct pbuf *p,
              ip_addr_t *rip, u16_t rport )
{

       printf( "We received a packet\n" );

       pbuf_free(p)

}

void robot_init (

   struct udp_pcb *pcb = udp_new();
   if( pcb != NULL )
   {
      udp_bind( pcb, IP_ADDR_ANY, 50000 );
      udp_recv( pcb, robot_receive, NULL );
      robot_pcb = pcb;
   }

In my main loop where I initialize dhcp_start etc.  I add robot_init(); and
that is when I get:

Assertion "dhcp_create_msg: dhcp->p_out == NULL" failed at line 1774 in
src/core/ipv4/dhcp.c
Assertion "dhcp_create_msg: dhcp->msg_out == NULL" failed at line 1775 in
src/core/ipv4/dhcp.c

I havent received a packet yet, so it cant be the callback, it has to be the
init code.  What would I need to change on the init code to allow this to work
with lwip OS Mode.

Do I have to add a critical section when initializing?  I tried disabling
interrupts but the problem still prints out.

Thanks for all the help, it has been very informative.