Sent from my iPad
> On Sep 4, 2017, at 13:48, "goldsi...@gmx.de" <goldsi...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Raphael Zulliger wrote:
>> What do you think? Have I found a bug and shall I open a bug report or
>> am I wrong?
>
> I'm not really sure. After all, the MTU is what a network can send. Having a
> different MTU for IPv4 and IPv6 doesn't make much sense to me?

Looks like one of the differences is minimum supported MTU of 1280 for IPv6
versus 576 for IPv4.

Also, the change in fragmentation (routers can't fragment with IPv6) could
result in the host device lowering it's MTU to accommodate a link with lower
MTU. IPv4 could continue with the higher MTU since the link with smaller MTU
could just fragment

http://tcpipguide.com/free/t_IPv6DatagramSizeMaximumTransmissionUnitMTUFragment.htm

Joel