I will increase more...

I am monitoring for alloc failures, but not seeing any.

altcp_mbedtls_state_t *
altcp_mbedtls_alloc(void *conf)
{
  altcp_mbedtls_state_t *ret = (altcp_mbedtls_state_t *)mem_calloc(1,
sizeof(altcp_mbedtls_state_t));
  if (ret != NULL) {
    ret->conf = conf;
  }
  if (NULL == ret)
  {
 ERROR("Malloc failed");
  }
  return ret;
}

void
altcp_mbedtls_free(void *conf, altcp_mbedtls_state_t *state)
{
  LWIP_UNUSED_ARG(conf);
  LWIP_ASSERT("state != NULL", state != NULL);
  mem_free(state);
}

void *
altcp_mbedtls_alloc_config(size_t size)
{
  void *ret;
  size_t checked_size = (mem_size_t)size;
  if (size != checked_size) {
    /* allocation too big (mem_size_t overflow) */
 ERROR("Alloc failed");
    return NULL;
  }
  ret = (altcp_mbedtls_state_t *)mem_calloc(1, (mem_size_t)size);
  return ret;
}