On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Marc MAURICE
<marc.maur...@objectif-libre.com> wrote:

>>> I finally made it work with veth mode, and a bridge on the host, but it's
>>> frustrating.
>>> And I have to manually generate and allow all mac adresses (required by
>>> my
>>> server hoster).
>>

>> I'd just comment on this one first.
>>
>> What is your hoster like? Is it like serverloft where you can buy
>> additional IPs (one IP, /32 each) and the hoster would route the
>> additional IPs thru the server's primary IP?
>
> It's Online.net (french)
> I think it's exactly the way you describe.
>

>> If yes, then you can use a custom veth + bridge + routed mode where
>> the hoster's switch/router will only see one MAC.
>>
> That would work I think. Do you have some doc/exemple on that ?

I use ubuntu precise on both server and container. On the server:

### snippet of /etc/network/interface ###
auto br0
iface br0 inet static
        address 192.168.124.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        bridge_ports none
        bridge_maxwait 0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
up ip route add PUBLIC_IP_OF_CONTAINER/32 dev br0 || true
###

... and make sure /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is 1 (lxc-net ubuntu
package should already set that)

### snippet of container config ###
# Network configuration
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.hwaddr = 00:16:3E:D8:FF:13
lxc.network.veth.pair=veth-CONT1-0
###

on the container:
###
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address PUBLIC_IP_OF_CONTAINER
        netmask 255.255.255.255
        up ip route add 192.168.124.1 dev eth0
        up ip route add default via 192.168.124.1
###

--
Fajar