On 11/30/2015 01:28 PM, Dilvan Moreira wrote:
   Hi,

Does anybody knows the difference between the LXC technology Proxmox supports and LXD? I read that, right now, Docker doesn’t run inside LXD, but that it’s possible <http://ashish1099.github.io/blog/2015/05/23/docker-inside-lxc/> to do it in LXC. Should I switch to LXC/Proxmox? Any other possible solutions?

Right now. the relationship between LXD and LXC is very confusing to me, would LXD ultimately provide the same functionality of LXC/Proxmox? Any explanation or link would be very helpful.

LXD is a kind of hypervisor for LXC, it is actually a bit similar to Proxmox. In addition there are two LXC implementations available with the same name. One is LXC (this mailing list, linuxcontainers.org) and the other is libvirt based and it's quite different.

If I'm not wrong, Proxmox uses the latter.

cheers,
tamas