On 2016-09-18 22:14, Ron Kelley wrote:
(Long reply follows…)

Personally, I think you need to look at the big picture for such
deployments.  From what I read below, you are asking, “how do I extend
my layer-2 subnets between data centers such that container1 in Europe
can talk with container6 in Asia, etc”.  If this is true, I think you
need to look at deploying data center hardware (servers with multiple
NICs, IPMI/DRAC/iLO interfaces) with proper L2/L3 routing (L2TP/IPSEC,
etc).  And, you must look at how your failover services will work in
this design.  It’s easy to get a couple of servers working with a
simple design, but those simple designs tend to go to production very
fast without proper testing and design.

Well, it's not only about deploying on "different continents".

It can be also in the same datacentre, where the hosting doesn't give you a LAN option.

For example - Amazon AWS, same region, same availability zone.

The servers will have "private" addresses like 10.x.x.x, traffic there will be private to your servers, but there will be no LAN. You can't assign your own LAN addresses (10.x.x.x).

This means, while you can launch several LXD containers on every of these servers - but their "LAN" will be limited per each LXD server (unless we do some special tricks).

Some other hostings offer a public IP, or several public IPs per servers, in the same datacentre, but again, no LAN.

Tomasz Chmielewski
https://lxadm.com