Dear all,

I'm using Gentoo for LXC host and containers. After upgrading the procps
package from 3.3.12 to 3.3.15, in the top application the value of summed CPU
usage inside a container is always 0 (zero).

* This issue shows up in the containers only, but not on the host
* If I switch the display to show the value for individual CPUs, it "works"
* This was not the case with the former used 3.3.12

A quick look at the source code of top show that it seems to use /proc/stat.
Watching a 'head -1 /proc/stat' show changing values for the cpu line - no
surprise since the v3.12 of top will work. The versions of the relevant
component I'm currently using:

* Kernel 4.14.79-gentoo
* lxcfs-3.0

May somebody confirm this quirk using another Linux Distribution and/or LXC
version?

Thank you in advance

Guido