On 21/11/2020 21:54, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
I've never used lxc-autostart, but looking at the manpage, do you
have lxc.start.auto set in the containers you want to start?  What
do the configs look like?

Do the containers actually start but in the wrong cgroup?  Or do
they just not start?

They start, but the tasks part of some cgroup filesystems are unpopulated with PID numbers. This is particularly troublesome for the memory cgroup, for example: /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/forcontainers/lxc/example_server/tasks would contain nothing. This means the contains ends up with the memory limits assigned to the host.

I can get the memory limits to work again, but copying the tasks pids from /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/forcontainers/lxc/example_server/tasks into /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/forcontainers/lxc/example_server/tasks. Then the server reports the required memory allowance again.

Other cgroups file systems are affected too, 'devices' and 'blkio' for example. We aren't doing anything with those though, so I'm concentrating 'memory' which I really need to make use of.

Cheers,

Ben