collectd is a daemon that collects statistics in a round-robin database,
for subsequent performance analysis.  I'm deploying it as a replacement
for munin.

When I deploy collectd nodes in containers, many of the basic plugins
are not useful, because (as at 2.6.32) queries like "how much memory is
free?" return the dom0's state, rather than the container's.

In collectd 4.9 someone solved this for OpenVZ by running collectd on
the HN (i.e. dom0) and having it emit statistics for all containers.  I
think it can be translated to LXC by having it read files in
/path/to/cgroup/<container name>/.

Has anyone already written an LXC collectd plugin?