Hi,

under Debian (and in general I think) LVM requires udev to work
at all which makes it unusable in a container environment. Has
anybody tried to get it working in a container?
My setup consists of a logical volume that's mapped in the container
which the container user should be able to subdivide into partitions
(i.e. in the end I'd have a chain like pg-vg-lv-pg-vg-lv or LVM on
an logical volume if that's more clear). Is there another way to
achieve this kind of setup? I thought about letting users just partition
the raw logical volume like any other hard disk but this doesn't seem
to be supported by the kernel.

Best Regards,
Benjamin Kiessling