jenia.iv...@gmail.com (jenia.ivlev) writes:

> Hello.
>
> I'm using openbox with lxde.
> I want to also be able to use - in another tty - xmonad with lxde.
>
> How can I achieve that? How can I start lxde but for it to use xmonad
> instead of openbox?
>
> I went to the file `startlxde` in `/usr/bin/` and found that it copies
> openbox's config file for lxde to "~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml" and
> then does `exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE -e LXDE`. Maybe I can do
> `exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s XMonad -e XMonad` or something like that?
>
> Thanks in advance for your kind help
> Jenia

So finally I can see that lxde reads the file
~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/desktop.conf to figure out what window-manager
it needs to use.
Can I someone tell it to use some other config file. Maybe something
like

    startx /usr/bin/lxsession ~/.config/xmonad/desktop.conf
and in there I will have

   window_manager=/usr/bin/xmonad

Is something like that feasible and if yes, how do I specify to lxde to
use the config file ~/.config/xmonad/desktop.conf instead of the lxde
config file?

Thanks in advance.