On Wed, 27 May 2015 16:10:33 +0000
<harry830...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I’m a student from NCTU at Taiwan.
>
> My team want to contribute to the lxqt project.
>
> So we build lxqt from source on Ubuntu 15.04
>
> We follow the instructions in
> http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Build_LXDE-Qt_From_Source
>
> Below is our steps:
>
>   $export USE_QT5=ON
>
>   $LIB_SUFFIX=64 ./build_all.sh
>

> And the lxqt-panel behaves normally at first.
>
> But when I pluged the external monitor, it crashed.
>
> And never come back no matter how many time I restart my computer even after
> I rebuild
> it from source.
>
> So how can I remove lxqt and all its internal dependency?Or how can I recover
> lxqt-panel without removing lxqt and rebuild all?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Hi Harry,

Check the content of /var/crash, and when you find files there have a look to
see what it
says then remove it/them. As long as there are files there, crashes are known to
continue.

While you are at it, you might want to check some log files in /var/log, just
after a
crash, which might provide you some information, such as /var/log/syslog (the
last
lines), /var/log/ and also the outputs (as root) of journalctl (check the
options with
the man).

Best regards,
Mélodie