Hello!

U.Mutlu has written on Tuesday,  2 June, at 17:47:
>Gerd Hafenbrack wrote on 06/02/2015 05:41 PM:

>> openbox is a *window* manager.

>Sorry for my ignorance, I've not much experience with that graphics stuff,
>but what does that mean effectively? Are both a window manager and a display
>manager required?

    Strictly speaking, only window manager is required, and display
manager is optional. The feature which is presented by the display
manager is a login screen - without it you have to login into text
console and enter a command 'startx' to get into graphic environment,
which is not what you are used to do probably.

    With best regards,
    Andriy.