On 1 Mar 2022, at 16:06, Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:

> Other namespace based python libs like for instance RDFlib solve this problem
> generically by adding the namespace to the python property.

Given how central namespaces are to XML and how often conflicts can occur with
abbreviations and prefixes, I don't think what you suggest should be the
standard behaviour. It might be fine for a small scope like RDF but I can think
of several places in OOXML where it could cause problems.

Still, your suggestion for a namespace-free lookup looks like it could be very
useful.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark