lpsm...@uw.edu schrieb am 16.02.24 um 00:38:
I'm maintaining older code, which just broke because lxml took out
xpath.evaluate().  The only note in the lxml changelog about it says it was
'redundant', meaning (I assume) that there's a better way to do the same thing,
but there's no documentation about what that other way might be.

Does anyone know what the new code should be?  The code in question looks like:

             xpath = lxml.etree.XPath(target, namespaces=namespaces)
             root = lxml.etree.Element("root")
             try:
                 xpath.evaluate(root)

You can simply call the XPath object. Thus, it's common to write something like

    find_config = lxml.etree.XPath("//config[1]")
    config_element = find_config(root)

https://lxml.de/xpathxslt.html#the-xpath-class

Stefan