On Sun, Sep 03, 2023 at 05:09:17AM -0700, Chime Hart wrote:
> Thank you Tomas. That .h2 item was not in my lynx.cfg, so I pasted in your
> instructions. But after that, can I define a command for deleting files?
> Exactly what belongs in that file, so I can act on an alias? As I mentioned
> last evening, del is aliased to
> /usr/bin/trash-put

Lynx would run "rm" directly (not in a shell, which would have an alias).
But you can make it run a shell script or "any" program such as trash-put.

That's assuming that "trash-put" removes the files given as arguments,
like "rm".  If it needs options, then a short shell-script may make
"trash-put" act like "rm".

(if it's a GUI that can't act like "rm", I don't know...)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net