Marco Moock wrote in
 <20240919173152.5f016...@dorfdsl.de>:
 |Is anybody here wanting to add support for SOCKS5 auth to lynx?
 |
 |Would be very nice for testing SOCKS servers.

Only to mention that then Kerberos MUST be supported according to
the RFC.  This is a lengthy thing to do.  (Templates exist though.)
I will not implement it.  Really, what is a "SOCKS server"?
I only ever have used SOCKS to be able to redirect client traffic
via a generic interface .. over SSH .. to a server, and from there
the "real" connection is then performed.  In this scenario SSH is
responsible for the authentication.  My use case is over for now,
WireGuard has replaced it.  (But *maybe* i will switch to ipsec,
yet that is work to be done.)
Having said that, Kerberos is cool, and i'd wish *it* would have
been pushed by the giants instead of OAuth, and if only for some
more user control.  Passé.

--steffen