I am glad to announce the official release of LyX 1.1.1, which marks a
turning point in the development of LyX. While it does not have many
new features, there have been lots of internal changes, many of which
have been backported from our old development branch (which is now
extinct). While on the surface this version is very similar to
version 1.0.4, many things happened under the hood.

As a consequence of this: expect that some new bugs have crept in.
I mean it.

A few new user-visible features have been added since version 1.0.4:

- Preliminary export to HTML feature (with tth program)

- All the popups should be more resistant to resize actions.

- normal spaces are automatically made unbreakable if we are in
  a freespacing mode (LyX-Code), but not in latex mode. The rule used
  to be that spaces where changed when in typewriter font.

- the default encoding of a new document is now latin1, since it seems
  to be a reasonable default for many people. Note that you can
  override this default with the "Save layout as default" feature.

As usual, version 1.1.1 can be found in the following places:

ftp://ftp.lyx.org:/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-1.1.1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/lyx-1.1.1.tar.gz

No patches this time, since there have been very a large reorganisation
of the sources.

While this version is certainly not as stable as we would like it to
be, we urge you to try it out and report all problems. It is planned
to release a bug-fix 1.1.2 as soon as possible.

JMarc ([EMAIL PROTECTED])