To All,

On Fre, 15 Jan 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I have just realised reading this, that I say something similar with
>one of my own software projects when moving over to ecgs instead of
>gcc. It appears to be far less tolerant of un initilised pointers.
>For some reason, it seems far less likely to get a zero in unitilised
>data than before - the change has led to me finding quite a few new
>pointer bugs. Does anyone use egcs for developement on lyx ?

Vaguely related:
I am having some trouble with egcs-1.1.1 and LyX cvs sources on Linux/AXP.

LyX does work correctly (well, at least corresponding to the pre :-) when
compiled w/o optimization, but crashes on opening some documents when compiled
w/ any optimization level.
I haven't found time to track it down yet, but it might more be of an egcs
than lyx bug.
Does anybody run LyX on an Alpha here ? What OS, compiler ?

Btw: KLyX shows the exact same behaviour on the same docs :-(

Greetings,
Jochen
  Jochen K"upper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
  Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29    phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 D"usseldorf                            fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen