Hello,

> in lyxfunc.C there are several checks for LFUN_.... When are these called,
> especially LFUN_WORDFINDBACKWARD.? It has some code with many question
> marks in the comments and the code seems (at a first glance) be nearly
> identical to the code in lyxfr1.C (which does the find and replace
> dialog). Should we merge these up?

  The LFUN_... are the values of enum kb_action (see commandtags.h).
The value LFUN_WORDFINDBACKWARD is attached (in LyXAction.C) to the lyx function
'word-find-backward' (You can do "M-x word-find-forward Hello" in
LyX).

  I wrote that function, and am not familiar with LyX's code : so I
wrote down my doubts as comments; any resemblance with other pieces of
code in LyX is not coincidence.

  I wrote that function because I didn't want to have to click in the
search window. By binding it to C-s, one can repeat the last search,
in emacs fashion.

  However, I got used to clicking (although it's slower), and don't
use that function much. I proposed, to make a patch that removes
"word-find-forward" and "word-find-backward" from LyX.

  Cheers,

  Etienne