Reuben> I have successfully configured dvilj instead of dvips for
Reuben> printing, but there's a problem: the -e flag (used to give the
Reuben> output file) *doesn't* like a space after it before the
Reuben> filename (at least, if the filename is absolute). LyX insists
Reuben> on putting a space in. Is there a way around this?

OK, I just commited a patch to remove this extraneous space. Just to
be safe, I changed the default print_to_file for dvips to '-o ', so the
change should be transparent for everybody but you.