Hi all,

okay, I finally managed to get 2 clean and non-failing floppies,
downloaded 1.0.0pre8 source code from devel.lyx and installed it.

Surprisingly enough, this round I only had to write ./configure (I usually
had to specify some extra dirs as well) but it got all of them right at
the first time. Compilation was fast (on my new k62 333 :) and the program
is working like a dream, much better than pre2...

System is a K62 333, 64M, Debian 2.0...

So congratulations to everybody! :)

One of the surprising things was the new Layout->Character menu, it's much
clearer now, indeed... :)

Something it didn't do very well, yet, was regarding colors... I set the
title to blue (BTW, I didn't know LyX supported colors, amazing :) and
the rest to black, but I got some errors on the \end{document} as black is
not supported there (??). I think playing with font sizes and such is
still a bit buggy, but nothing extremely terrible... I'll try,
nevertheless, to find a reproducible behavior out of this, so it can be
traced... (I wish I knew how to use the damned gdb...:(

regarding the keyboard, Jean-Marc, it works wonderfully, just had to
modify it to my taste and activate from the lyxrc file (silly me I had all
of them commented out :)

And, for the newsletter thing... using psbook and psnup I have just gotten
what I wanted... :) I didn't know those tools, but they really fantastic
pieces of software :)

Now I just wished I could specify a bit where floats are preferred (a la
HTML way)... I think I remember that LaTeX has a way to specify that, but
it's not on the figure's popup... well, it won't be fancy but it'll be
clear and 'perfect' :)

Again, congratulations for a great work,
D@