As the floating eye used to say in "Hard Time on Planet Earth,"

"Negative outcome.  Not good."

The cvs version of 1.0 is SIGSEGV'ing me right and left (at least as of
yesterdays; i just compiled today's).

Particularly, it's going nuts within multiline equations on the last
and second to last lines of the document.  The incredible colllapsing
multiline equations are back (i think they left around pre3, didn't
they?, particularly triggered by an "undo."  And after this, it's
usually a real quick trip.  But I don't get any more message than the
generic, and I can't quite reproduce them.

So what do I do?  run lyx under gdb or something?  how do i do this so
that it creates a log?  Or should I be doing something else?  I've had
five or six crashes between yesterday and today (including an odd one
about not being in an inset, which i didn't quite understand.  I think
i hit a control key when my hands slipped, so i don't even know what
triggered it.

The bottom line is that right now, for multiline matrix equations, this
thing is highly unstable.

rick