Amir> There's a *completely* obsolete web page at
Amir> http://www.via.ecp.fr/lyx/. For example, it says an equation
Amir> editor and WYSIWYG figures are being planned, and lists
Amir> Matthias' page as the lyx home page. I'm particularly worried
Amir> about this page since it's at via, and people ftp'ing there
Amir> might try http'ing there too.

People are supposed to ftp to ftp.lyx.org. They should not even know
this is at via.

Amir> Is there any way to get this page removed, or redirected to
Amir> www.lyx.org?

You could try to contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] and ask whether the page
is still maintained (to be polite) and then ask whether it could be
removed. They'll understand, since we are in pre 1.0.0 cleanup phase.