paul seelig seriously pondered,

> Just two drop my two euro: I'm as well very keen on a ncurses or
> SLang based LyX. Actually this sounds to me more attractive then
> the X toolkit stuff. Hah, eat this, hideous StarOffice, slayer
> of RAM! ;-)

I found word perfect ot be less distasteful for such work.  I
submitted abstracts to a confierence which required wp or word format
(but not plain text!!!).

On the other hand, due to the cheesey implemntation of graphics for
the free version, I could paste in .eps, and print, but the nt version
of wp would print the "not supported" message where the graphics went
. . .

The only thing that I still use soffice for is the mediocre
spreadsheet.  I have Wingz allegely installed, but it's complaining
about a missing linux interpreter.

rick