On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 10:59:37PM +1100, Torbjorn Tornkvist wrote:

> Hi !

  Hi.

> Sorry if this is common question, but I've been
> digging through the archive without finding an
> answer.
>
> Do there exist any way to transform a lyx document
> to a man-page and/or html page ?

  LyX 1.0.0 supports linuxdoc dtd, and from there it is possible to write both
manpages and html files.

> Follow-up question is: Do there exist some sort
> of intermediate format that you could use for such
> a transformation ?

  As I have told before.

> Thanx ! /Tobbe
> (Ps. The reason for me asking is that the project I'm
>      working in has been using an in-housed developed,
>      SGML-based, tool which has produced all necessary
>      documentation (man-pages, HTML-pages and LaTeX).
>      We are now facing a choice of continue to develop
>      this tool or move to something more widely used.
>      I don't think SGMLTools is good enough yet and I'm
>      a great fan of Lyx, which explains why I'm asking
>      this question )

  I expect that very soon sgmltools 2.x will support manpages, LyX will be able soon
to export docbook (I have already a running version that works well for simple texts).
  Does this answer your questions?

  José