On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 06:59:07PM +0100, U. Beyrau wrote:
> Dear LYX-Team,
>
> some time ago I had the idea of contributing to the LYX Documentation Project
> by writing a german translation of the docs. But, taking a closer look at the
> matter, I had to realize, that this would take more than a weekend or two (or
> even three).

True!

> So, before I actually get to work, I would like to know, if there are any
> fundamental objections from your side, if there is already someone working
> on a german translation and, last but not least, if to your opinion there is
> a certain demand for it (as there is no sense in spending nights and nights
> writing a script with no use to anyone).

In fact, a german translation has already been mostly finished. It's being
directed by Peter Sutterlin. You can reach his translation page from a link
on the translation page, which you can reach from www.devel.lyx.org.

I'll bet he would love to have help translating things that haven't been
translated yet.

-Amir