> Not really. If you use a lot of other non-printable stuff (like '\atop')
> the problem remains. I think there must be some way to scroll
> horizontally through a table that *is* wider than the screen.
> Even a couple of \mapsto leads to the same problem, and those seem to be
> quite common at least in my tavbles ;-)

The hooks for doing this exists in 1.1, but don't hold your
breath.

Until then, most window managers actually allows you to create a
window that is wider than the screen resolution.  Thus, it is
possible, but very impractical, to work around this problem.

However, if you have lots of long formula, you might consider using the
excellent math macro feature to shorten them.
Read the math chapter in the Users Guide for an introduction to this
amazing technology.

Greets,

Asger