> It might indeed be a possibility. I do not know whether it is as
> expressive as scheme, though (probably not).
I attach a gziped version of the ivy-2 README file to help you judge the
ivy language itself.
I have found ivy while I was looking for a small and simple extention
language to be used in a data acquisition environment ( for writing
scripts ). It had to be a language which a dumb user could learn in 5
minutes. The ivy was ideal. I have also found that extending ivy with new
builtin functions ( written, for example in C ) is trivial.
> A bit of detective work revealed this URL:
> ftp://ftp.dl.ac.uk/src/Unix/Languages/Ivy-2.tar.gz
This is the original source of Ivy-2. It has some annoying "problems",
though. I have here a modified source code - if your'e really interested
in it let me know.
> There does not seem to be a web page.
As far as I remember there was never a web page available. I downloaded
ivy from some usenet source archive ( some mails with uu- or xx- encoded
sources ). The author of ivy is :
        Joseph H Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
He has an ftp site :
        ftp.worcester.com
I have just found two/three version of ivy there :
        /pub/joe/ivyjacek.tar.Z - Ivy-2 modified by me - rock solid :-)
        /pub/joe/ivy3.tar.Z - Ivy-3 - I have never used it, but I have
                              just looked into it and found that it
                              contains bugs that I got rid in "my" version
                              of the Ivy-2 ( it should be possible to
                              remove them relatively easy )
        /pub/joe/pc.tar.Z - PseudoCode: the successor to IVY - I have
                            never used it
Jacek.

ivy-2-README.gz