I've noticed that if I click on a "fig" marker to open
a figure whose height is greater than that of my LyX
window, I can't seem to close it again. If I click on
the "fig" marker a second time, LyX places the cursor
immediately after the figure (so that the fig marker
is off the top of the screen) and doesn't close the float.

With smaller figures, it still places the cursor after
the figure, but I can still see the "fig" marker to click
on it again. The figure *does* close at that point.

This isn't really a problem, since I can use the menu
option (Edit->Floats & Insets->Close All Figures/Tables)
to close it anyway. However, I can foresee it becoming
annoying if one wanted to close one figure whilst keeping
others open, so I thought that I should mention it.

Unfortunately, I'm writing my Master's thesis right now
(yes, using LyX - I don't know what I'd do without it :-)
so I don't have time to go buglet-hunting for a while.
I had a (very) quick look at the known bugs doc, and it
didn't seem to be there... although I did see a comment
concerning page up/down with tall figures.

I'm using LyX 1.0.0 with XForms 0.88 on a 486 DX4-100
running Debian 2.0. The compiler is the GCC that came
with the distribution, using glibc libraries (sorry, I'm
not at my machine just now, and I can't remember those two
version numbers).

Meanwhile, I'm downloading version 1.0.1, so keep up the
good work, people. I *really* appreciate having LyX, after
slogging through MS Word for my dissertation last year. :-)

--
Neil Ferguson                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MEng Electronics 5 at Edinburgh University in Scotland

It wasn't me!