On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Bruce M Beach wrote:

>   This seems like a very good idea. Does It make sense that
>   a inset could be encapsulated within another inset?

Currently (1.0) normal LyX insets can't, but math insets can. A fraction
inside a sqrt is an example of an inset inside another inset.

In 1.1 the text inset can include other insets, but this is rather
experimental stuff by now.

> > At the moment, the big discussion is turning around whether paragraphs should
> > be insets or not.  We have not really decided yet.

As an authority on both LyX and Mathed insets, my opinion is NO. A
paragraph should be as fluid as water inside either the workarea, a table
cell or a math text inset. So an entire buffer would be displayed trough a
single workarea sized inset wich could have inside, recursively, several
other insets. This is how mathed works currently and I think it works
well.

Greets,

Alejandro