Sorry, lost the respose email after skimming it.

Yes, I see you can highlight something inside LyX and Mouse-click-2 to
paste it elsewhere inside LyX.  You can also highlight text in another
app, say in an rxvt vi session, and paste it into LyX.  However, I note
that you cannot highlight something in LyX and paste it into something
other than LyX.

I'm not trying to be picky.  It's just that I often want to email a few
paragraphs (of a long document) around to others for comment.  Right
now, the only way to get text out of LyX is to Export -> Ascii, which
then puts creates a *.txt in the subdirectory with the document in
question.  (Yes, I could alternatively set up some sort of custom export
to an easily reached subdirectory).  It can be quite a chore to pull
that *.txt up and grab just the few paragraphs I need.

I wish I could highlight text in LyX and be able simply to paste it
into, e.g.  an rxvt vi session where I'm editing e-mail.  I note that
under Netscape, if you highlight then Edit->Copy, the text ends up in
the X window copy/paste buffer.  Is there any way we could efficiently
add this functionality to LyX?

Best regards
--
Larry S. Marso