On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 03:15:54PM +0200, Alain Castera wrote:
> I got some troubles with tables.

Unfortunately, I only have some of the answers.

> you cannot select (b e h) but (b c d e f g h) like in plain text)
> It is also said that you can customize a given cell borders by setting
> the multicolumn option. This seems to work for top and bottom borders, not
> for vertical ones (the whole column is affected).

We could call this a missing feature, but basically it's a bug.

I *think* you can get around this by using the "extra" button in the table
popup. It allows you to add a "special multicolumn argument". Put your |'s
there, and although it won't be WYSIWYG, it will come out in the end.

> The second point is closely related to this, and describe a "feature",
> also I don't know where it is : I wanted to get 2 tables side by side in a
> table float (crazy, I agree), each one with a sub caption (see attached
> files). As I didn't succeed, I created one table, using multicolumn to
> play with the borders. The fact is that I got (I don't know how, playing
> with the table pop-up) a correct result for the first "subcaption, but not
> for the second (a border on the left remains, right disappears ok). Note
> that the result is "correct" in the output, not on the screen.

Minipages?

Alternatively, might subfigure.sty help with this?  Or is there maybe an
equivalent subtable package? This sounds more like a latex question.

-Amir