> Hi.  Is there a GTK port of LyX underway?  If not, I'd be willing to do
> it.

It would be great to have a GTK port.  Many people have expressed interest in
this project, so I suggest that you get started.
However, we have learned that GTK needs a feature before we can do a dual-link
with XForms and GTK+.  It's not possible to initialize GTK+ after XForms has
been initialized.

At some point, I tried to post a feature request to the GTK list, but since I'm
not subscribed to that, the mail failed.
You can search the mailing list archives for the details.

As I've said before:  I'm positive that the port will have a snow-ball effect
once the first hurdles have been overcome.

Finally, please notice that a port of LyX v1.1 is the only interesting thing to
us at this point.  The LyX v1.0.x branch is about to die except for bug fixes.

Greets,

Asger