Can anyone help me with this error?

I have Solaris 2.6, Lyx 1.02, perl 5.001.

I get this message when I try to import LateX documents.

Global symbol "lyxdir" requires explicit package name at /opt/bin/reLyX line 21
Global symbol "lyxname" requires explicit package name at /opt/bin/reLyX line
25.
Global symbol "lyxname" requires explicit package name at /opt/bin/reLyX line
42.
Global symbol "lyxdir" requires explicit package name at /opt/bin/reLyX line 44.
Can't use string ("0") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at
/opt/bin/reLyX line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/bin/reLyX line 45.

I have a symbolic link reLyX in /opt/bin pointing to the installation directory
(/opt/lyx/bin/reLyX). I have the definitions of lyxdir and lyxname within reLyX
set to the LyX Library directory (/opt/lyx/share/lyx) and the LyX binary
(/opt/lyx/bin/lyx) respectively.

So, please, what do these errors mean? Thanks.

Marc Wrubleski
Math & Stats
University of Calgary