On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> While I try to link the link application, I obtain the following output :

> fl_addto_browser_chars              lyx_cb.o
[...]

The linker can't find the xforms library.
It would seem that the compiler could find the forms.h header file okay
otherwise it would never have compiled the source.

When you ran "configure" there should have been a warning message stating
that it couldn't find the library.  Was there such a message?

Depending on what sort of system you are using it may be that you have
simply forgotten to run ldconfig so that the dynamic library loader can
find libforms.so.  Alternatively, you may have installed the libforms.so
library in a directory that the library loader doesn't look at.  In this
case you'll either need to add that directory name to /etc/ld.so.conf and
rerun ldconfig or add it to the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

You may also need to make use of the --with-extra-lib option for configure
to specify the path to libforms.so.

Allan. (ARRae)