On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 18:34:30 +0900, Shigeru Miyata wrote:

>"Arnd Hanses" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I was trying to paste really harmless text (no 'umlauts', etc. this time=
>> )
>> into LyX' main window, while the LaTeX-preamble form popup was open. And=
>> :
>>
>>         Click mouse-button2. Crash!
>
>Try to set breakpoint in BufferView::WorkAreaSelectionNotify and print
>info locals several levels (up).

I'm a bit unsure here:

1) Set the breakpoint.

2) Redo the paste from before.

3) get the locals of the frame hierarchy

4) Probably do this several times with different actions preceding
(doing a little work in LyX, then open the form, paste..., etc.)

5) Compare the collected info.

Please note the pattern of the paste crash is always similar and it
happend too often. Unfortunately it is not 100% reproducable.

Just for info the confusing excerpts of error.log and debugger
messages, especially interesting might be the 'BadAtom (invalid Atom
parameter)' message and the missing core file, despite 'core dumped'.
(Dumping works well, here):

------------snip-----------------
work_area_focus: 1
lyx_focus      : 0
LyX: Versuche Speichern des Dokuments d:/usr/doc/c.lyx als...
  1) d:/usr/doc/c.lyx.emergency
  Speichern scheint gelungen zu sein. Glück gehabt!
BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) [???]
Abnormal program termination    [! emx spits this out, when
SIGABRT
                                        is caught, aka assert() failed]
core dumped                     [??? in gdb? What's this?]

------------snap-------------

        My debugger doesn't enlighten me much here (in fact all this is
very
confusing to me):

------------snip-----------------
gdb lyx
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for
details.
GDB 4.16 (emx), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) set arg
(gdb) set arg -dbg 131 2>log
(gdb) r
Starting program: d:/xfree86/src/lyx-1.0.3/src/lyx.exe -dbg 131 2>log
[New thread 1]
[New thread 2]
[Thread terminated: 1]
[Thread terminated: 2]
Program exited with code 03.    [??? What does this mean,
                                the doc's are silent here!
                                Is it a 'return 3', or what?]
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb) q
Sa.  7.08.1999: 13.59.12,45 Uhr [D:\XFree86\src\lyx-1.0.3\src]
ls core
ls: core: No such file or directory

Regards,

        Arnd