On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Robert van der Kamp wrote:

> Ah, there is some new import/export(?) design? I will have to study
> that. I guess that relyx will be changed into a plugin too? In that case,
> the Word -> LyX converter should become a plugin as well.

There is a new document structure that can make things like this easier
than before, but an exhaustive import/export design doesn't exist yet.

> BTW, wouldn't an RTF to LyX converter (and back) do the job?
> AFAIK, M$Word *does* read/write RTF, and RTF is an open
> format, isn't it? Maybe the path Word -> RTF -> LaTeX -> LyX
> is an option, but it sounds shaky, to say the least.

Not sure. MsWordView reads binary m$ word's doc which support things that
probably raw RTF doesn't. The best path (Word -> LyX) is the shorter.
Anyway a perfect importer is not possible because m$ word is wysiwyg and
LyX is not.

> Ah, my first assignment? ;-)

If you are interested. Some people would thank you for that.  :)

Greets,

Alejandro