On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, John Weiss wrote:

> [I've been meaning to mention this for some time now.  But I've been
> eaten alive by my house, and have been spending my train rides lately
> hacking together new emacs programming modes.]

So your house is haunted?   What possible emacs programming modes are
there left to hack?

> At work, just about every library has its own set of unit-tests.  If
> you've never heard of a unit-test, the idea is this:  take a lib
> you've written, and put it through its paces.
[...more on unit tests...]

Aegis is apparently a very capable tool to support this but I'm not sure
how well it would work on components of a project rather than an entire
project.  Do you have any suggestions for other tools to provide automated
support for unit-testing?  After all,  programmers are lazy and if we have
to do extra work just to get the testing done then we probably won't use
it.  I suppose the makefiles could be extended.

Unit-testing is certainly a good thing -- tests all those promises the
code makes and keeps Arndt happy about programming by contract since the
interface can't change without everybody finding out.

Allan. (ARRae)