> Bruce> I am reading the Extended Features manual, and it is very good.
> Bruce> However, I would like to suggest a different name for this
> Bruce> manual. I think of Extended as Extending, or a manual about
> Bruce> extending the features of LyX. Seems it should be called
> Bruce> "Advanced Features."

We beat the naming issue to death about a year ago. I think "Extended" was
the compromise that caused the fewest vegetables to be thrown. It used to
be "Advanced", but that didn't really fit because most of the advanced
features (which don't require too much LaTeX knowledge) are located in the
User Guide; Extended is really supposed to cover things that not all users
may have available, such as AASTeX or RevTeX (in which case you do need to
"extend" LyX by installing LaTeX packages before the option becomes
available), or cute tricks which require some serious LaTeX hacking, such
as dropped capitals.

If you can come up with a better name, I think we'd all be happy to hear
it. "Extended" was just the best we could come up with at the time.

Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]