On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 04:33:44PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> There are probably two problems here:
>
> - $lyxdir is obviously not correct here, and this is configure's
>   fault.
>
> - however, reLyX should not need to use this value, since
>   syntax.defaults can be found (probably) in
>   /usr/local/bin/../share/lyx/reLyX/. We take great care of adding
>   this to 'use lib' in the reLyX wrapper. Isn't oerl supposed to look
>   there to find files??

Perl isn't the one using syntax.default. reLyX is using that.
For a command like "use RelyxTable", Perl searches for the file
RelyxTable.pm in the directories included in the array @INC. The
'use lib @array_of_dirs' adds the directories in @array_of_dirs to @INC. But
syntax.default isn't being included with a "use syntax" command or some
such. "use" is only for Perl modules, which syntax.default isn't.

We *could* search in @INC for syntax.default, and it's somewhat doubtful
that there would be a file called syntax.default in, say, /usr/lib/perl, but
that doesn't really seem like the Right Way to handle this, IMO. Which is
why we created $lyxdir in the first place.

-Amir