On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 04:45:12PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> Amir Karger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | Hm. I may have found a bug, but if so it's much more rare than what you're
> | saying. When I use exactly the file shown above, then if I try to reexport
> | as TeX I get a core dump. However, as long as there's any text at all (e.g.
> | the word "hi") before the table, it works just fine, and it includes the
> | table float. And exporting as LaTeX works fine. Is it possible you had an
> | old version of LyX?
>
> What about text directly after and none before?

That would break too. The problem is that no \layout Standard was being
written before the table. Not to pass the buck, but that seems sort of like
a LyX bug to me. I mean, figure floats don't usually require a \layout
Standard before them, right?

Text directly after makes no difference. It's a float, so it's not like
you need to worry about having text be in the same paragraph as the float,
which you do have to worry about for, e.g., inlined math.

-Amir