Dear Developers,
I am having some problems getting LyX to work correctly on my NT box.

Problem 1
I am using MikTeX the latest stable release (www.miktex.de)
but the configuration shell script insists on that latex is unusable.
I have started to look into the problem but I couldnt get anywhere in a
reasonable time. I then hacked the script to disable the test for latex.
Dont know but this is really weired because miktex's latex produces the
correct line of output, but grep doesnt get it ...
Whats the deal with the configuration shell script ? Is it somehow
related to autoconf ? Can it be changed / made be more sofisticated ?

Problem 2
yap which is one of the the WindowsNT dvi previewers doesnt understand
the -paper us option. Now I know from Stephens website that there is a
solution but maybe the dvi viewer command could somehow be configured
instead of hardcoded. Dont know whether its possible though.

Thanks for any suggestions

Roland